CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY OUTREACH/ENGAGEMENT SUPPORT STAFF
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Chemical Dependency Outreach/Engagement Support Staff
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Opening Date: February 6, 2017
Classification: Full time
Salary Range: $14.00 to $19.00 per hour DOE
Closing Date: February 15, 2017 or until filled
Position Summary: Primary function is to assist clinical staff in engaging and retaining patients in treatment.
- Call all patients who do not attend scheduled appointments and determine barriers they may be facing that kept them from appointment.
- Refer to and assist patients in obtaining the necessary resources to be able to attend treatment services.
- Document in E H R, RPMS, BMW, and Roll ‘n Scroll all contact with patients/potential patients and appointments made.
- Communicate with clinical staff regarding the status of patients.
- Document and report attendance rates as required by the Program Administrator.
- Conduct patient satisfaction surveys with patients at 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 6 months and one year after treatment.
- Report the results of the patient surveys to the Program Administrator as required.
- Maintain the 90 day call list for all patients, youth and adult.
- Assist patients in obtaining funding for all services.
- Update appointment calendar and schedule patient appointments using the RPMS scheduling package
- Track patient from orientation all the way through one year following discharge and report on any quality assurance needs determined through the patient surveys.
- Provide occasional support to the chemical dependency receptionist and intake support specialist.
- Conduct monitored urine drug screen testing and other drug detection screens/tests.
- Protects patient confidentiality by maintaining Federal Confidentiality Laws (CFR 42, part 2), and Health Insurance Portability Act Law.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and have excellent critical thinking skills.
- Has knowledge of and is culturally sensitive to the problems of patients of the agency.
- Firm handle on community resources.
- Able to track Longview and Vancouver patients and needs separately.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; and at least one year experience in a related field
- Proven ability to perform the duties described above with proficiency
- Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check.
Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug and Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632