IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Title: IT Support Specialist
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Opening Date: May 8, 2017
Classification: Full Time
Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Salary Range: $50K to $60K Annually DOQ
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Summary: This position is responsible for day to day IT support to end users of various tribal IT systems and configuration of IT hardware and software and other devices for staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Configure, install, maintain, analyze, troubleshoot and repair computers, printers and other peripheral equipment
- Install, maintain, upgrade and support various PC OS’s, AV, encryption software and other desktop application software.
- Provide upkeep, maintenance, and ensure continuity and security of networks and applicable devices on an as-needed basis.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve end-user IT problems.
- Maintain and track inventory of IT hardware and software, including tracking the condition and status of all IT assets and assist in planning for obsolescence, replacements and upgrades.
- Identify potential areas for new technology application, system improvements and upgrades.
- Work with IT vendors and contractors as needed to support and maintain existing tribal IT assets or to implement new ones.
- Assist IT Manager and other IT staff with IT issues, system implementations or projects as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In depth knowledge of desktop and laptop computers and all other related peripheral hardware
- Proficiency in installing, configuring and using desktop OS’s such as Windows 7 or 8 and applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and other common applications.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, AD and Domains.
- Good understanding of networking including Ethernet and Fiber, TCP/IP, NICs, switches, routers, AP’s, FW Appliances, etc.
- The ability to understand and document IT requests from tribal management and staff.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good customer service skills.
- The ability to document all work performed so that other IT professionals would be able to understand the work done.
- Must be able to handle multiple interruptions, able to multi-task and to handle multiple priorities
- The ability to meet deadlines and diligently follow standards and best practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA, BA or BS in IT or related field.
- At least 3 years IT experience in similar sized environment.
- Experience with enterprise systems and networking, including some knowledge of at least 1 low level language or Windows scripting.
- Experience within a Windows Server environment using Server 2008 or higher.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines and departments with varying degrees of technical expertise.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurance
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must submit to and pass a criminal background check
- Must submit to and pass drug screen
Please mail resume to:
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
Longview, WA 98632