COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
TRIBAL GAMING COMMISSION (CTGC)
TGA LICENSING AGENT
Title: TGA Licensing Agent
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Cowlitz Casino Tribal Gaming Commission
Opening Date: August 9, 2017
Classification: Full time
Salary Range: DOQ
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Summary: The Cowlitz Gaming Commission is the regulatory agency of the Cowlitz Indian Tribe. This position is responsible for completing confidential background investigations on applicants for casino employees and vendors under consideration for hire by the Cowlitz Casino by gathering, compiling, and analyzing relevant facts and acquiring all pertinent information and documentation required to determine general suitability, character and integrity of a licensee, including but not limited to accurate and complete gaming applications, submission of fingerprints via Live Scan, contact with applicants personal and business references and ordering necessary background searches. This position is responsible for producing employee badges and updating the employee database while complying with all Federal, State and Tribal ordinance/regulations in regards to licensing for prospective employees of the Gaming facility.
- Ability to communicate confidently at the highest levels and build effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to deal with difficult people.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters.
- Operating licensing photography equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Coordinate all time and attendance related functions for the Commission.
- Conducts thorough and complete background investigations in accordance with the CTGC Gaming Ordinance and Regulations.
- Reviews employee/vendor applications as required to determine suitability for completeness and directs applicants to provide additional information if needed.
- Contacts and conducts investigative interviews of applicants and vendors personal and employment references.
- Prepares letters, reports and written summary of findings.
- Issue a final licensing report for consideration of hire based on research and analysis.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times. Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of all personnel matters and documents.
- Work to organize and create procedures for a proper internal licensing system that correlates with full compliance of the Tribal Ordinance, regulation, Tribal/State Compact, and NIGC standards.
- Attends training sessions, seminars and conferences as required.
- Proficient in computer skills and electronic information systems to access data and utilize modern office techniques.
- A high school degree is required. An A.A. Degree is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in Washington State tribal licensing preferred.
- At least one of year experience related to investigative work or ability to learn on the job.
- Knowledge of Cowlitz Tribal History and Washington State Indian History.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Must possess a current Washington State Driver’s License.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug and Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472, which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please email resume, cover letter, and references to:
For Information please call (360) 887-6804.