COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
TRIBAL GAMING COMMISSION
Title: Administrative Assistant
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Cowlitz Casino Tribal Gaming Commission
Opening Date: August 9, 2017
Classification: Full time
Salary Range: DOQ
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Summary: The Cowlitz Gaming Commission is the regulatory agency of the Cowlitz Indian Tribe. This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Executive Director of the Gaming Commission as well as support to Tribal Gaming Agency staff and licensing agents.
- Ability to communicate confidently at the highest levels and build effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to deal with difficult people.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Commission staff.
- Provide back-up support to licensing agents.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations as instructed by Commission management.
- Manage and coordinate all travel itineraries and arrangements for Commission staff.
- Commission liaison to current and potential vendors and service providers including phone services.
- Answering telephones in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Greeting visitors and licensees in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Operating licensing photography equipment.
- Responsible for all logistics and coordination related to Commission/agency meetings. These meetings may involve participants from the Cowlitz Gaming Commission, Operations, the Cowlitz Tribal Gaming Authority (CTGA) which manages the operations of the Tribe’s gaming facility, and Federal, State Regulatory agencies.
- Track and assemble commission budget based on input from commission management.
- Coordinate all document repositories regarding projects, investigations including licensing and other internal documents acting as Commission coordinator for Document Retention and Management, according to Commission and tribal policies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Coordinate all time and attendance related functions for the Commission.
- Manage Commission purchasing processes, to include maintaining office supply inventories, placing orders, tracking receipt of deliveries and processing all related paperwork.
- Assist in other office responsibilities as required.
- A high school degree is required. An A.A. Degree is preferred.
- Five years experience as an administrative assistant at the executive level or tribal level.
- Knowledge of Cowlitz Tribal History and Washington State Indian History.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Must possess a current Washington State Driver’s License.
- Native American Preference.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug and Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472, which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please email resume, cover letter, and references to:
For Information please call (360) 887-6804.