Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Receptionist - Tukwila
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: SUD Receptionist
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Tukwila, WA
Opening Date: Sept 2017
Classification: Full Time
Hours: 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. 2 to 3 days/week and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. balance of work week
Salary Range: $15.00 to $19.00 DOE
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Summary: Serve as representative and first contact point for Cowlitz Tribal Health Seattle’s Behavioral Health & Human Services program.
- Primary focus providing support to the SUD program, checking clients in upon arrival and checking them out after their appointments using BMW scheduling system for appointments located in clinic.
- Conduct UAs as directed by Program staff.
- Answers multi-line phone, route calls and/or take messages for HHS Seattle staff.
- Greets clients, prospective clients, and visitors documenting arrival and departure times and dates of contact. Provide visitors with guest badges.
- Familiar with client intake process and forms. Conducts preliminary intake procedures including working with clients and prospective clients on the completion of intake forms.
- Aids Intake Support Specialists in creating and updating intake packets, annual update packets, and packet cover sheets. Helps to maintain a supply of prepared packets.
- Adheres to HIPAA compliance and all other confidentiality requirements per CFR 42, part 2: Federal Confidentiality Laws, with respect to all aspects of the program. Supports Intake Support Specialists and Referral Coordinator to communicate the purpose of client visits, relevant registration and billing information.
- Works with staff to collect documentation on work with program clients, develop and submit billing data per direction.
- Manages all incoming and outgoing mail including daily mail drop off and receiving all packages and shipments.
- Develops/prepares/improves communications and outreach materials with information on the program.
- Participates as directed in staff meetings and other meetings. Where directed prepare minutes and/or notes documenting meetings, identified tasks and reported outcomes.
- Support SUD groups as directed by making copies, making coffee and/or prepare refreshments/snacks.
- Keeps schedule for building meetings, events, groups etc. Schedule clinical room usage.
- Works closely with the Program Manager, Clinical Director and other clinical and administrative staff to implement a program providing high quality, culturally relevant behavioral health services to the Native community of the greater Seattle metro area.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred. A strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and their families, and to organize schedules and files.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Two years of reception experience, preferably medical or mental health reception work.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, WORD and Excel. Experience in Microsoft Publisher or in developing communications materials within other computer programs highly desirable.
- Experience with RPMS and/or other electronic records systems preferred.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and be self-motivated and directed as needed in a small practice where staff are expected to take on multiple roles and responsibilities.
- The successful applicant will be offered the position subject to a background check.
- Basic Life Support/CPR education within 60 days of hire.
- Must submit and pass a drug screening and background check
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume and cover letter to:
Cowlitz Indian Tribe Cowlitz Tribal Health Seattle
1055 9th Ave. 15455 65th Ave South
Longview, WA 98632 Tukwila, WA 98188