MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Title: Mental Health Counselor
Department: Cowlitz Tribal Mental Health
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with possible variability
Location: Tukwila, WA
Opening date: December 6, 2017
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $23.00 to $31.83 DOQ
Closing date: December 31, 2017 or until filled
Position Summary: This position will be filled by a person who is licensed to provide mental health services in Washington State. Acceptable licensure for this position includes Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Advanced Social Worker.
Working under the supervision of the Program Manager and Clinical Supervisors, and in collaboration with a team of professionals, the person filling this position will provide individual, family, and group counseling that incorporate a variety of strengths-based, culturally-informed therapeutic modalities in order to provide effective treatment interventions to facilitate achievement of individually-focused outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge, competency, and skills necessary to meet the clinical needs of clients as well as the clinical and administrative documentation skills that meet/exceed best practice standards.
- Provides comprehensive diagnostic assessments for clients.
- Provides individual and group therapy utilizing various psychological techniques and therapies.
- Develops, coordinates, and conducts group therapy sessions in accordance with accepted principles.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed.
- Documents therapy-related activities in accordance with established procedures and observance of confidentiality with regard to client services.
- Coordinates care of clients with the referral source, family, and other organizations involved in the client’s care to further the effectiveness of the treatment program.
- Assesses client’s needs and progress, and develops and modifies individual service plans accordingly.
- Attends meetings and participates in committees as requested by the Program Manager.
- Demonstrates good independent judgment, adapts to new duties, and functions well in a changing environment.
- Participates in professional/cultural development activities.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Maintains appropriate licensure.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work or Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field.
Licensure/Certification: LMH Counselor, or LMH-A, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, or LICSW-A, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or LFMT-A in Washington State.
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience with providing counseling services or working in a mental health setting providing support to clients.
- Must possess and maintain current course completion documentation for basic cardiac life support through American Heart Association.
- Must possess knowledge of the principles and practices of the provision of psychotherapy, including diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Must have knowledge of community resources and referral agencies.
- Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check.
Additional Desirable Qualifications: Experience working with American Indians and Alaska Natives and within a Tribal community is desirable.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department Or Elizabeth Rideau
Cowlitz Indian Tribe Cowlitz Tribal Health Seattle
P.O. Box 2547 15455 65th Ave. S.
Longview, WA 98632 Tukwila, WA 98188
Email Elizabeth Rideau
Select for PDF