Chemical Dependency Clinical Supervisor - Tukwila
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Title: Clinical Supervisor
Schedule: Monday through Friday or other days as directed/40 hours/week
Location: Tukwila, WA
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Open Date: April 6, 2018
Salary Range: $25.00 to $37.00 DOQ
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Chemical Dependency Clinical Supervisor is responsible for the overall delivery of client-centered, client-driven and culturally appropriate chemical dependency services as part of a CARF-accredited behavioral health program providing mental health, chemical dependency and co-occurring services to Native and non-Native youth and adults of the greater Seattle metropolitan region.
- Provides Clinical Supervision of CDP/T, students and volunteers in accordance with WAC 388-805-300 (4) a-e.
- Maintains Washington State Department of Health Chemical Dependency Professional License, and a minimum of an additional 4,000 hours of working in a state approved chemical dependency treatment agency. Must show proof of Clinical Supervisory training in accordance with the WAC requirements.
- Develops and maintains a deep working knowledge of Program policies and procedures. Monitors and assists CDP/T staff’s knowledge of and compliance with policies and procedures of the agency.
- Works closely with Mental Health Clinical Supervisors, ARNP, and other staff in a highly collaborative program to support the most effective treatment for clients. Participates in group consult. Conducts regular staff meetings with all CD and Co-occurring clinical personnel to review program indicators and calibrate service delivery for optimal effect.
- Works closely with the Medically-Assisted Treatment program to support treatment of Opioid Use Disorder.
- Oversees the direct service hours of staff and coordinates schedules to include intake assessment, individual counseling, group sessions, and educational programs. Oversees documentation of clinical encounters in the electronic health records system and in TARGET.
- Provides up to 80 hours per month of direct counseling and case management services to clients consisting of individual, group, family and educational services; including assessment, counseling and aftercare services.
- Conducts and oversees monthly file reviews/peer-to-peer file reviews. Reports on findings to the Program Manager and the Quality Improvement Committee as requested. Reviews findings with CD staff and oversees any/all corrections to the files.
- Oversees professional development for supervisees including CEU requirements as well as cultural trainings and other trainings. Advises the Program Manager of specific training needs of clinical and clerical staff members.
- Establishes and sustains relationships with other agencies such as probation, Indian Child Welfare, Drug Court, schools, monitors, and service providers.
- Assess staff performance of work duties and conduct Performance Evaluations of direct staff, address any behavioral and performance concerns as needed.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university; and is qualified as a Chemical Dependency Professional and SUD Clinical Supervisor. Masters degree and dual credential as an MHP and a CDP highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of providing direct care as a CDP.
- Strong self-management capacity together with organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong facility with WAC requirements for treatment.
- Attention to detail and capacity to manage and support others to achieve their highest and best professional performance in the service of the Native community.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the
Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national
origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee
Please mail resume to:
Cowlitz Indian Tribe Cowlitz Tribal Health Seattle
1055 9th Ave. 15455 65th Ave. S.
Longview, WA 98632 Tukwila, WA 98188
(206) 466-5400 direct