Cowlitz Indian Tribe | Department of Human Resources
Department: Cowlitz Tribal Mental Health
Location: Longview, WA; Vancouver, WA
Classification: Relief/On-Call, Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Answer multi-line phone, rout calls, and/or take messages for Cowlitz Tribal Mental Health services and providers.
- Greet clients/patients and notify HHS staff of their arrival.
- Check clients in and out of appointments and assist with rescheduling.
- Gain knowledge of all CIT HHS programs and basic knowledge of tribes in and around Washington, and be able to effectively communicate knowledge to clients and staff.
- Provide program support to Cowlitz Tribal Mental Health as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems that arise and provide solution-based ideas for problem solving.
- Prepare new client intake packets, file, photocopy, fax, and other clerical duties for the program.
- Perform vitals and document in the medical record prior to appointments with Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners.
- Assist with coordination client care with outside providers.
- Document client contacts and coordination of care in the Electronic Health Record.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain and practice confidentiality.
- Maintain overall appearance of front lobby area; to include straightening reading materials, and chairs, as well as updating bulletin board and brochure racks with current information.
- Create and print fax covers, memos, releases of information, reports, purchase orders, and other documents when needed for the program and staff.
- Place reminder calls to clients for scheduled appointments.
- Communicate and work closely with providers to ensure scheduling updates and changes are reflected as they arise.
- Maintain RPMS and IHS databases for mental health as needed.
- Determine eligibility for mental health clients.
- Ensure all health paperwork is completed for billing and charting purposes.
- Verify client insurance coverage and personal information at each contact.
- Attend meetings and record and disseminate meeting minutes.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Two years of reception experience required, medical reception preferred.
- Accurately type 35 words per minute.
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with RPMS preferred.
- Must possess excellent time management skills, highly motivated, energetic, and be a self-started.
- Applicants shall conduct themselves ethically and professionally at all times, adhering to the agency Code of Ethics.
- Must possess an active certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
P.O. Box 2547