Cowlitz Indian Tribe
Title: Medical Assistant
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Classification: Full time
Opening Date: August 6, 2019
Salary Range: $16.00 to $20.00 DOE
Closing Date: open or until filled
Position Summary: Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physician or Family Nurse Practitioner by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gathers patient’s medical history, vital signs and records information into patients' electronic health record for review by medical provider.
- Cleans and prepares examination/treatment rooms for patient’s appointment.
- Provides patients with drape coverings and positions instruments/equipment according to infection control standard policies and provider requests.
- Assist in handing instruments and materials to provider as directed.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments according to infection control standard policies.
- Assists with inventory control in the clinic.
- Orders medical supplies and materials. Completes purchase orders for ordered clinic supplies.
- Independently operates electrocardiograph (EKG), and other diagnostic equipment for in-house routine test or therapeutic equipment as ordered by licensed Physician or Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Administers oral, respiratory, and injection medication or treatments per scope of practice under the supervision of a licensed Physician or Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Collects specimens through phlebotomy, urine for analysis on-site and sent to independent laboratory.
- Observes and report patients’ signs or symptoms to medical provider or nurse.
- Administers medications per orders of medical provider.
- Processes and tracks referrals and follow ups for additional appointments.
- Prior authorizations for imaging.
- Other duties as delegated by the medical staff and clinic manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree, Licensed Practical Nurse or certificate in Medical Assisting
- 1 year of experience working in an ambulatory clinic, preferably Tribal or IHS facility
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software.
- Must possess excellent time management skills, highly motivated, energetic, and be a self-starter.
- Must have knowledge of patient privacy laws.
- Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check.
P.O. Box 2547 Longview, WA 98632
Fax: (360) 578-1641