Cowlitz Indian Tribe
Administrative Executive Assistant
Position Summary: To perform a variety of support for the Tribal Government; and to initiate and maintain contact with tribal, state, federal and the surrounding community involved in community development programs; represent the Cowlitz Tribe (Tribal Chairman) at executive functions; also initiates partnerships and collaborations. The employee also manages budgets, and oversight for the Child Care Community Development Program and Grant Writer.
- Facilitating collaboration between tribal and multicultural communities and enhance understanding and improve quality and effectiveness of tribal relationships.
- Strengthening government-to-government relations; represent the Tribe (Tribal Chairman) at executive conferences, events and meetings with professionalism.
- Communications Team member; manage newspaper, town hall meetings, and assist in updating and maintaining Cowlitz Tribal website; advocating, promoting and improving “cultural learning” through communication sources to ensure awareness of tribal activities, events, services, and community.
- Manage capital development projects; community development, coordinate meetings, define budget, project brainstorming, execute Charity Board funding, assess tribal departments and community develop needs assessment tools and analyze findings.
- Knowledge of advanced management and principles of project management, strategic planning, and organizational development principles, of problem identification and resolution techniques, and of leadership principles.
- Supervises Child Care and Development Program Administrator and Grant Writer.
- Other duties as assigned by Tribal Chairman
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year College or University in a social sciences, political science or related field.
- Two years of experience as a tribal liaison preferred.
- Two years with project and staff management.
- At least one year of experience in program development and management.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Must have a valid driver license
P.O. Box 2547 Longview, WA 98632
Fax: (360) 578-1641