Chemical Dependency Professional
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Title: Chemical Dependency Professional/Trainee
Schedule: Monday through Friday; 40 hrs. per week
Location: Longview, WA
Opening Date: October 4, 2018
Salary Range: $20 - $25 per hour DOE for CDP - $17.00 to $19.00 for CDPT per hour dependiing upon experience
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Summary: Primary function is to provide Chemical Dependency Services in an Intensive Out-Patient setting providing services to American Indian/Alaska Native clients and the general public.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct Patient contact
- Chemical Dependency Assessments-Target-Gain SS
- Intensive Outpatient Services: Groups, Individual Service Planning, Case Management
- Ability to work with youth and adults
- Must be able to efficiently utilize electronic health records
- Must be able to document patient encounters and all necessary reporting requirements for patients.
- Minimal travel requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective written and oral communication
- Work collaboratively on a treatment team
- Organizational and time management skills to manage multiple tasks and meet timelines
- Cultural competence
- Current DOH Licensure for Chemical Dependency Professional or Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee close to sitting for CDP Licensure, with an est. 1800 hours
- Current CPR Card
- MRT Training Certification - Preferred
- Experience with Co-occurring disorder treatment - Desired
- Seeking Safety training – Desired
- Applicants will be required to pass a drug test and federal background check prior to employment
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Professional (preferred) in Washington State or Licensed Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee in Washington State
- The ability to work a flexible schedule
- No history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years before employment as a CDP; no evidence of alcohol or drug misuse while employed.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug and Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or non-membership in an employee organization.
To apply for this position please contact
Cowlitz Tribe Human Recourses Department
PO Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632\