MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Title: Mental Health Therapist
Department: Cowlitz Tribal Mental Health
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with possible variability
Location: Tukwila, WA
Opening date: February 4, 2019
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $23.00 to $31.83 DOQ
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Position Summary: This position will be filled by a person who is licensed to provide mental health services in Washington State. Acceptable licensure for this position includes Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Advanced Social Worker, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker Associate, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate
Working under the supervision of the Program Manager and Clinical Supervisors, and in collaboration with a team of professionals, the person filling this position will provide individual, family, and group counseling that incorporate a variety of strengths-based, culturally-informed therapeutic modalities in order to provide effective treatment interventions to facilitate achievement of individually-focused outcomes. This position will provide mental health counseling services at locations convenient to the client family or youth, to include community, home and school. The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to provide high quality, culturally competent mental health services at locations other than an office setting. Candidates are expected to have a safe, reliable vehicle with current insurance.
- Demonstrates the knowledge, competency, and skills necessary to meet the clinical needs of clients as well as the clinical and administrative documentation skills that meet/exceed best practice standards.
- Provides comprehensive diagnostic assessments for clients.
- Provides individual and group therapy utilizing various psychological techniques and therapies.
- Develops, coordinates, and conducts group therapy sessions in accordance with accepted principles.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed.
- Documents therapy-related activities in accordance with established procedures and observance of confidentiality with regard to client services.
- Coordinates care of clients with the referral source, family, and other organizations involved in the client’s care to further the effectiveness of the treatment program.
- Assesses client’s needs and progress, and develops and modifies individual service plans accordingly.
- Attends meetings and participates in committees as requested by the Program Manager.
- Demonstrates good independent judgment, adapts to new duties, and functions well in a changing environment.
- Participates in professional/cultural development activities.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Maintains appropriate licensure.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work or Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field.
Licensure/Certification: LMH Counselor, or LMH-A, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, or LICSW-A, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or LFMT-A in Washington State.
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience with providing counselling services or working in a mental health setting providing support to clients.
- Must possess and maintain current course completion documentation for basic cardiac life support through American Heart Association.
- Must possess knowledge of the principles and practices of the provision of psychotherapy, including diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Must have knowledge of community resources and referral agencies.
- Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check.
- Must have reliable vehicle as services will often be in the community, schools and homes.
Please mail resume and cover letter to:
Cowlitz Tribal Health Seattle
15455 65th Ave. S.
Tukwila, WA 98188