COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Medical Records Technician
Title: Medical Records Technician
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Classification: Full time
Opening Date: Jan 7, 2019
Salary Range: $14.00 to $16.00 per hour
Closing Date: Jan 14, 2019 or until filled
Position Summary: This is a full-time position with the Cowlitz Indian Tribe. The position is located at the Longview, Washington site in the Health Records Department. This position is responsible for providing support to all Cowlitz Indian Tribal Health Services programs including mental health, substance use disorder and the medical clinic. This position provides remote support to Vancouver and Tukwila sites also.
Essential Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enters data into the Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Scan paper and upload documents into the EHR
- Faxes requested medical documents to other agencies as requested.
- Retrieve patient records as needed for Providers
- Review records for completeness and compliance in accordance with Tribal, Federal and State regulations
- Release information in accordance to policy and procedures.
- Processes patient admission or discharge documents, as required
- Completes required forms
- Checks for accuracy of medical records and ensures that all documentation is properly placed in patient charts
- Completes routine clerical tasks such receiving packages and ordering supplies
- Must be well organized and be a self-starter
- Creates and print fax cover sheets, reports, and other documents when necessary
- Performs other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, collating
- Must be able to maintain patient information and medical records confidential as required by the Federal Privacy Act and Tribal Policies
Education/and or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED and experience in medical records management
- Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- 2 years of experience working in a medical setting
- Intermediate knowledge and use of basic medical office machinery, fax, telephone, scanner, computers
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume to:
Human Resources Department
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632