The Cowlitz Indian Tribe (Tribe - CIT) has secured funding through the Recreation and Conservation Office’s (RCO) Salmon Recovery Funding Board (SRFB), Tacoma Public Utilities (TPU), and the NOAA Fisheries Pacific Coastal Salmon Recovery Fund (PCSRF) for harvest and delivery of conifer logs to support the Tribe’s upcoming Cispus-Yellowjacket Phase III Habitat Restoration Project in Lewis County, Washington. The project is located within the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, approximately 11 miles southeast of Randle near the confluence of Yellowjacket Creek and the Cispus River.
- DJC Public Notice: est. March 8-9, 2023
- Mandatory Site Tour/Job Walk: March 17, 2023 – 10:00am PST
- Request for Clarification/Question Submittals by: March 22, 2023– 6:00pm PST
- Response to Questions: est. March 27, 2023 – 6:00pm PST
- Proposal Submission Deadline: March 30, 2023 – 2:00 pm PST
- Tentative Award Selection/Contract Award: April 3, 2023
- Project Timeline:
- Contractor mobilization – June 2023
- Contractor may begin work below the OHWM, but not in the active (wetted) channel on June 15
- Contractor may begin work below the OHWM and within the active (wetted) channel from July 15 – September 30.
VIEW PDF OF RFP (4.37 MB)
PROJECT PLANS (8 MB)