Cowlitz Tribal Emergency Management
The Office of Emergency Management prepares for emergencies, provides assistance to Cowlitz Tribal Members and surrounding Tribal community programs for disaster recovery, mitigates the effects of these events, and, whenever possible, prevents emergencies and disasters from occurring or worsening.
Our Emergency Manager, is responsible for managing the Cowlitz program in all phases of emergency management including:
- Acting as the main contact center during disasters and emergencies
- Coordinating with local, regional, state, and federal jurisdictions and agencies
- Developing and maintaining the response, recovery, preparedness, and education / training of Tribal Members, Staff and Communities
- Establishing procedures to staff and maintaining the Tribe’s Emergency Operations Plans
- Tribal education and training