COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
On-Call Licensed Ambulatory Care Provider (ARNP, MD, DO, PA)
Title: On-Call Licensed Ambulatory Care Provider (ARNP, MD, DO, PA)
Location: Longview, WA
Classification: Part-time on-call
Opening Date: November 29,2018
Salary Range: DOE
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Summary: This is an intermittent on-call position in the ambulatory care clinic with Cowlitz Indian Tribe. The position is located in Longview, Washington. The position is intended to serve as an on-call provider to allow for continued patient care when a provider is unavailable. This position will require assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients with medical concerns within the scope of practice for their license. This position works with a clinical team.
This is a non-supervisory position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes and interprets patient histories, symptoms, physical findings and diagnostic information to inform accurate and appropriate diagnosis
- Prescribes medications to treat specific illnesses
- Instructs patients and families regarding treatment plan and follow up requirements.
- Orders lab and diagnostic tests when appropriate
- Reviews for normal and abnormal findings
- Attends huddle meetings
- Documents pertinent information into the electronic medical record
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals and consultations in EHR and other established methods.
- Researches best practices in treating and diagnosing when appropriate
- Practice cost-effective patient care.
- Orders referrals for diagnostics, specialty care etc.
- Follow contract health guidelines for patient care referrals.
- Works with clinic staff to ensure quality patient care and services are provided
- Works with medical assistant to effectively meet patient needs
- Documents patient visits in the EHR within 24 hours of visit
- Other duties as assigned
Master’s Degree or higher in Nursing (MSN, DNP) from an accredited nursing program. offering an Advanced Degree in Nurse Practice or;
Master’s Degree leading to Physician Assistant (PA) or;
Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree (DO)
Valid and unrestricted license to practice as an ARNP, MD, DO, or PA, in the State of Washington
Board Certification for respective license.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) approval and authority to prescribe, as appropriate for client care, Schedule II-IV controlled substances.
Current Driver’s License and insurance required.
Minimum of one year working in a hospital or primary care facility, preferably a Tribal, Indian Health Service or Urban Indian program or community health center with a diverse population
Intermediate level of expertise in using Microsoft Office applications
Experience utilizing any electronic health record
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Frequent walking, frequent fine finger movement, hearing within normal ranges, shared office space. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632 Fax: (360) 578-1641