Cowlitz Tribal Mental Health embraces a holistic approach to wellness inherent in the Medicine Wheel teachings. We believe health and wellbeing come with the balance of physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs. When we become unbalanced, life can feel unmanageable and suffering can occur in the form of sadness, anger, loneliness, anxiety, substance use, as well as relationship and family issues. We are here to help individuals regain balance.
- Individual Counseling
- Crisis Counseling
- Marriage Counseling and Couples Therapy
- Grief Counseling
- Psychological Evaluations
- Medication Management
- Youth Services
- Positive Indian Parenting Classes
Who Qualifies for Services?
- Any enrolled American Indian / Alaskan Native (AI/AN) of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
- Any direct lineal descendant of a federally recognized AI/AN (Parent MUST be enrolled).
- Any state-recognized Native American or First Nations Tribal Member with billable insurance.
- Dependents/Spouse of an Enrolled Cowlitz Tribal Member with a billable insurance.
- Tribal employees, their dependents, and/or their spouse with billable insurance.
Note other eligibility factors: Those with the resources to attend appointments that live out of our service area may still qualify for services. Anyone who is considered an IHS beneficiary can receive services regardless of coverage or ability to pay for services. Some of these categories are eligible depending on the type of insurance. It is recommended that if individuals have questions about eligibility, they contact our office.
- Identification: Driver’s License, State ID Card, or Social Security Card
- Proof of residency: Phone bill, electric bill, rental agreement, student enrollment, etc.
- Tribal Identification
- If registering as a descendant you must provide a Birth Certificate and Parent's Tribal Identification
- Primary Health Insurance Card: Medicare, Medicaid, Regence, Premera, First Choice, etc
- If you are without health insurance you must provide proof of application to the State for alternate resources or a denial letter from the State.
- Completed New Patient Packet (see Forms)
Vancouver | Mental Health
M - F | 8 am - 5 pm
Longview | Mental Health
M - F | 8 am - 5 pm
Tukwila | Mental Health
M - F | 8:30 am - 5:30 pm